• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Innovatek Passive Radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D $hady

Just got a link to this by email. A passive radiator from Innovatek. My guess is it won't touch the performance most members here are getting with their custom WC systems. Plus this thing is $129 and all aluminum! Seems like a bad idea to me...

Thoughts anyone??

Quoted from http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant...Product_Code=InnovaKonvekt&Category_Code=Radi
konvekt320.jpg

Want a truly silent water cooled system? Take a look at this! Innovatek's passive (no fans) radiator is aluminum, big and efficient. Add some moderate air flow and get some real cooling power!

Size 350 x 210 x 65 mm (WxHxD). It's big, so external case mounting is recommended!

Complete with standard 8mm connectors and extra mounting brackets.

-- Dave

Yea, I've seen copyman posting on these forums. His OC was pretty incredible for just watercooling (not to mention the rad has nice styling). I forget what the price was but I think a couple hundred bucks if I remember right. Still impressive.

Copyman definetly makes a nice rad..
Thos ocs rival vapochills- he was lucky with those chips!

But IMO a waterchiller is a better buy if you lookin to spend that much.

I like the idea of a passive rad for silent cooling, however I think that multiple heater cores might accomplish the same end for much less.

All that rad on the link looks like to me is the usual duel 120mm fan one that we have seen before with a fancy shroud. Granted it does look very nice all polished like that but I wouldn't pay that much for a radiator with a fancy shroud, like Klownin79 said I'd rather build a phase change or at least a pelt setup.

As for the one in the pic, if it works decent without fans imagine how well it would work if you put fans running down the side. Maybe put a shroud to hold air so it flows down the side of the heat sinks.

Last edited:
well if u had read copymans thread you'd know that the radiator isnt just a heatercore w/ a chrome shroud. he designed those radiators w/ watercooling in mind. but is there an advantage from his radiators and heatercores? probably wont be known until someone buys his radiators and tests it. but you'd have to compare it to a heatercore of the same size.

Back to the issue of the original poster, that thing looks nice, but I am skeptical of how well a passive radiator that small could work in an overclocked system. Maybe someone will be a guinea pig and let us know :p

It has a nice clean and professional look. But I'm also skeptical how it would work in a overclocked system. Aluminum = :eek:. The price isn't very nice either, that thing cost more then my whole homebrewed setup. :rolleyes:

Back