• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need advice/furture wc system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charloz24

Hi all!

I will soon receive my order and need some advices of you please :)

First what I bought:

white water waterblock
Z-Chip 1/2" Chrome Fittings
Heater Core Radiator with Shroud
Hydor L30 Pump
CritiCool PowerPlant
Panaflo 120mm "HIGH"
clear Reservoir Cylindrical, 1/2" Chrome Epoxied Fittings
10 Feet Clear Flex 60 1/2" Tubing
4oz Bottle Zerex Super Coolant

My computer config is:
P4 2.8/512 MB OCZ PC3500/ASUS P4PE MB/ATI Radeon 9700pro
My case is High tower with a 120mm fan on the back

My questions:

1) I want to put my kit inside, so I will put the heatercore in the front of the case with the panaflo fan getting the air inside.

Does it will rise the temp in my case to much (for the graphic card?)

2) If I choose to get a GPU waterblock, can I remove the 120mm exaust fan ??

All your suggestions are welcome!!!

I was thinking that the chrome barbs were better :(

Could I have some problems with theses?

When do water cooling you really don't want to mix metals. and the poly is well poly so no prob there. As for the chrome not really sure but you might end up woth probs.

It is strange I was sure that chrome fittings would be better (they are more expansive too!) it is strange that DangerDen sell them with this option.....

I would be easy to change the barbs on the chipset block, but my major problem is the reservoir has epoxied fittings :(

Any other suggestions plz?

Even though you will be water cooling, you will still need a good ammount of airflow in your case to keep the other things that get really hot cool (the mosfets, NB, SB, GPU, etc...). I would suggest using a few low CFM fans so that you will abstain from the noise (which is a major benefit of watercooling).

If you do get a GPU block, then you still should not get rid of your exhaust fans. The GPU, NB, and CPU are not the only heat generating components in a computer. The mosfets need a good ammount of air to help to supply steady voltage off of the ATX connector.

So keep as much air moving in your case as you can. Dont go all out with 5 vantec tornado's or anything...but use a couple low CFM fans that will save your ears.

So if I put my heatcore with a 120 mm fan blowing air inside case and keep my 120 mm exaust fan in the top back of my computer, is that will be ok?

Or the air that exit the heatercore will be too hot?

Last question: what 120 mm fan do you recommend?

By the way can someone else can confirm me that my chrome fittings will give me trouble?

Back