• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[From Egypt]Need help building my watercooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rizge

"hi, any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated,... so,...

i live in a really hot place, egypt, and wants to build my own watercooling system, i don't have access to any online order shops, but has only access to a supermarket, a plumbing shop, tool shop, and a fish market....

i need all the help i can get in assembling parts from whatever i can get to simply get me a watercooling set, looks are unimportant, and i really care about the cost,....

thanks for all your help.... rizge"

hey
a huge thanx to u for helping me but i have 2 things 2 say
1- Could u try to explain a li'l what everything means in plain english coz my english is not on the par with u guys
ie. what is a reservoir,radiator.... and if u can just show me a picture besides the word so i can get it:)
2-I prefer that i don't have to solder anything as u said because my board is outta my own money and i don't prefer to screw with it simply because i can't afford another one
If it was my brother's or my father's i could do it but not mine:)

I was going to suggest he read the O'C feature article from July 16 called "My Journey into Overclocking and Watercooling" where this British chap - I admire him, no this is so cool- made his own waterblock from a hunk of metal, using an ordinary drill, and lots of silicone. It looked rather plain, but it worked!

what is the average air temperature or case temperature that you get, or the high and lows?

He pretty much has you set there. If you can drill holes in copper pipe. You could make one with parallel passes, a lot more small parallel passes

..____
..lllllllllll
---------

hopefully my diagram worked. in the bottom, out the top. The more surface of the radiator, the better.

What is humidity like there? Maybe evaporative cooling would be best?

Copper pipe works great for hosebarbs, just get the same ID as the ID of your tubing, it takes a lot of streaching though.

Jon

oh wow, I can gaurentee that your not gonna get much better than 55c.

Jon

well I run around 16-20c over ambient temp with a regular waterblock, 1600+@2200+ 1.9v

that is with a good radiator, pump, and block. That pipe cap block could possibly outperform the block by a little, according to billA's testing.
but theres no way that radiator, or one similar will get water temp within 4c of air temperature. You would be lucky with 10c.

Is there any car parts stores around? or refrigeration? get a condensor from a refrigerator or air conditioning system. or possibly a transmission cooler for a car.

If you can get computers, You gotta be able to get car parts;)

Jon

Thats not the problem, its my cpu and power supply. I run an 8k3a and 1600 pally, not t-bred. I do not change that because of the acurate temperatures I can get from this setup.
I can go higher. I just don't bother. I dont care about a couple 3dmarks and whatnots. I dont even o/c my video card anymore.

I can run 200fsb on one of my sticks of ram, and my old 1600, I could have run 2ghz if I had a better power supply, I burnt the atx connector trying. My 5v line was in the 4.6v range. As soon as I would hit 2-2.2v it would be bouncing from 1.8-2.2v like nuts and cause instability.
Just a little more hassle than I am up for.

Now If I had a r9700 or something, I would bother with that. if I had a 1700 t-bred, I would bother with that. but otherwize, I dont see a massive difference in another hundered mhz.

Jon

Back