• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Putting my WC together

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cypher_138

Putting my WC together Pt.II

I'm piecing my H20 together finaly. So far I have a Cascade on it's way and some Nanotherm PCM+. Here are the other parts I'm planning to get:
-DTek Pro-Core combo.
-Danner mag3.
-Danger Den Res.
-Water wetter.
-1/2" fittings (no 90s) and Tygon tube.
I plan to do it external, in a see thru or aluminum box I'll build. I still have'nt decided on this yet. Any advice is appreciated as I'm still new to H20.

Last edited:
Looks like you are going to have a killer setup. I would suggest using some sort of a see-through tupperware container for the external box, since lugging an aluminum one around could get a little old. Plus you will be able to see all the cool looking stuff in there. All of your non-geek friends will be like "wow thats really cool, maybe my mom will buy me one" or "why do you need to cool your computer?"

In other words, it will also make a nice conversation piece. Kinda like the guys in here who have 6' bongs in their living room corner next to the PC. Imagine when company comes over and notices the gurgling sound and wants to know what that thing is. :eek:

Very valid point. I don't LAN though. Between work and my family, time does'nt allow it. It would be more impresive to guest than a bunch of screaming fans though. Plastic would be a bit easier to work with.

altec said:
Kinda like the guys in here who have 6' bongs in their living room corner next to the PC. Imagine when company comes over and notices the gurgling sound and wants to know what that thing is. :eek:

"soja, what's that big 6 foot black thing coming out of your computer desk?"

I'll start to get the rest of the parts next week. I wonder if Edmunds will have Tygon with the thick walls? Thats local.

External's great cuz you got room inside expecially with a big reservoir, but uummmmm PLASTIC would be best,, ,,, WaterWetter is a must for coolest temps ,,,

Godemiche: The best temps that you are ever going to get are with water alone. Whenever you put additives into the water it tends to lower the thermal conductivity of the water. Most people use the water wetter in their watercooling loops to save them from corrosion since it is very hard to use all the same metal in a watercooling system.

Well I just got the Heatercore combo w/120mm aluminum fan. It seems Edmunds does have the tubing. So I can get everything else local ( no S&H). As soon as I get the Cascade in I'll be set.

Which res should I get? Here are my choices:
The DD round res
roundres.jpg.gif

Or their new Typhoon Quad res. (I won't use it in the bay because I'm going external).
squareres.jpg.gif

That's perfect. The above two are out. I'll build one instead. Thanks for the help.

Sounds like it is going to be a killer rig there cyper...come back with some pics when you get it all together.

Back