• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k3a+ and 2500 barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stewniknar

Registered
well i got my barton today,and uh.. well... i hooked up all the watercooling stuff and blah blah blah...

so i quickly checked the temps, it kept going up and hovered around 50C.... i didn't think that was bad.. so i updated the bios to the latest at the website... and uh...

Now its 98C!!... almost 200F!!... so.. i think this is that bug.. but uh.. how do i tell what the REAL temp is?

thanks for any help...

oh.. i was able to get into linux as well at this temp... so maybe it's not that bad... heh heh...

.. who am i kidding...

thanks

My 8K3A regularly runs into the low 70 range while running FAH with it hot in here (43C case temp) . I think it reads a little over 10C higher than the actual temperature. This is with an XP1700 T-bred.

Maybe it is worse with Bartons?

Make sure that you are reading the correct sensor in MBM, if that is what you are using to monitor temps.

Maybe you should revert to air cooling for a while, just to establish a baseline. Run everything at default, and get an idea for what your CPU is really running at. Your real temp limit is when it locks up. Once you know the lockup temp, you know how hot is too hot.
And that would eliminate your watercooling as a possible cause.

Once you have it straightened out, then you can set up the WC, and make sure that you have it sorted out.

Just a suggestion.

that's a really good idea thanks :D

by the way.. i was actually able to get into XP and run some tests... it was kind of funny b/c i was able to get into SiSoftware Sandra and it said "CPU temp too high" ... I'LL SAY! HAHAHAHA!..

nevermind.. thanks again..

Back