• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is your favorite M$ OS of all time ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigJk-47

LOL, I had to get the first post here for historical reasons.

I personally like windows XP.I have used every version of windows since 3.1 and XP is bullet proof.
No crashes and the best part is,I can run it for weeks and no probs.
:cool:
Lets hear yours ?

Easily Windows XP, followed by 2000. I used to use Windows ME, now that was a treat. Had at least one blue-screen of death every day.

Definately Windows XP... I just love it. It was a great treat, espicially since I went from Windows 95 straight to XP :)

I like windows XP the best too. I started on win 3.1
98SE just seams flakey work's really good on one machine, unstable on my other machine.

Windows XP is the best. I have dealt with every version of windows whether it was on my pc or I was repairing somebody elses. Windows XP is by far the easiest to work with and repair if necessary, plus its really stable. Great OS!!

Windows Server 2003. It's the same as XP when you use it as a workstation, but I need the server functions as well (which, btw, are excellent, and easy to "administrate")

Got to be XP, I can't wait till the next OS to come out though, it's going to be more on the side of digital. It will be fully functional (not like these "entertainment" pc's. But it will have alot of digital focuses, also I do believe it is based on a new kernel, supposed to be more stable(how much more can you get)

I like XP for some added graphical features over w2k but on my Abit system, w2k seems to be more stable when running FAH.

Once I try out w2k3, I'll make my decision.

The coin is still in the air and hasn't landed heads, tails or on its edge yet :p

Windows for Workgroups 3.11 :D
VERY closely followed by Win2K Pro and then NT 4.0.

And continuing in order:
Win98SE
WinXP (WITH all the service packs)
Win 3.1
Win ME

perhaps im wrong (and that could very well be) but i dont see how an operating system (or anything on a computer for that matter) can be analog.

The main diff between home and pro are just some extra "addon" stuff that you get, the Operating system itself if pretty much the same, its a bit more secure and you have some more networking options, and it has support for dual processors.

my favorite is windows xp. i never really knew anything about computer until win2k... and now xp is the latest and teh greatest.

Back