• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alternative to tubes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lazlo Panaflex

Ok so i just went completley watercooled with my new rig and i have now 3 blocks (cpu,NB,gpu) and the tubes (tygon) are cramped and crimped to hell. I was wondering if anyone has seen/used alternatives to tubing with good results. I would need something that will not crimp in tight spaces and be compact.

What wall thickness is your tubing? Tygon comes in different wall thicknesses & that may be cramping your style if it's too thin.

Exactly what Tical said. The thicker walled stuff will allow you to make some tighter bends without folding over and restricting waterflow. I learned the hard way myself too hehe.

you can also put zip ties along the tube to prevent it from kinking....i'd try this first before removing all the tubing in your setup....altho it might be less aesthetically (sp?) pleasing.

dragon orb 3 said:
you can also put zip ties along the tube to prevent it from kinking....i'd try this first before removing all the tubing in your setup....altho it might be less aesthetically (sp?) pleasing.

Yeah i tried that, but yeah its ugly and its still not working as well as i want it. I have the 1/2 inch tygon tubing from D-Tek i heard this was a thinner wall so getting thicker walls on my tubing is probably my answere. Can someone direct me to were i can get some? Thanks for your help.

You should be able to find any tubing you need here. Clearflex stuff seems to work great too, and seems easier to find the thicker wall version (sounds like you might have the ID confused with the wall thickness we are talking about.)

Good luck.

You could also do some custom copper tubing. I cannot remember who it is, but one of the members here did it and it looks great. Not to mention that you wont get kinks in it. I imagine that it is pretty time consuming though, so if you dont want to spend hours getting it right, it probably isnt for you.

altec said:
You could also do some custom copper tubing. I cannot remember who it is, but one of the members here did it and it looks great. Not to mention that you wont get kinks in it. I imagine that it is pretty time consuming though, so if you dont want to spend hours getting it right, it probably isnt for you.

This one?

The most practical solution is most likely to be thick wall Tygon or ClearFlex.

Copper works well though :)
But it can be a MAJOR pain to work with and it is not what you would call Cost Effective either....

If you want something just a bit different though, and you like the look- well, I plan on sticking with copper as my main tubing of choice.

Copper might be able to help out many people though, in small amounts:
if you have specific bends that are tough to make without kinking and can find no other way to run your tube besides fittings...try copper tube! You will be able to get a custom bend tha keeps the largest radius possible and still fits with a gurantee of no kinks once the bend is right.

i want to run copper tubing also for 1 specific area but unfortunately i can not find a store that sells the parts here in japan . they have them here but the way japan contractors work is diferent than most of the world so its harder to find a plumbing store

Back