• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DigiDock Sensor in H2O?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it would appear safe to me...if im not mistaken and the probe is like most probes...it has a plastic sleeve around the outside anyway....altho i don't kno if its sealed...you might want to dab some silicon where the wires come out to make sure its watertight.....then submerge it in the water.

I have done it a few times for fairly short periods- a few weeks, maybe month or two...it was a while back.

But I never had any trouble and all my sensors work fine.
Depending on what you are using for additives though it may be a good idea to insulate the probe with silicone.

O my... I could make that so easy... and for $15.00!?

I'm gonna make one right now!

Actually I was thinking of tapping a small hole in one of my tubes, inserting the probe, and sealing it off with something. My other alternative is to construct one of those t-connector sensors. And my other, not so accurate water temp idea would be to feed it into my t-line. Unfortunately, the t-line sees very little waterflow, so temps probably would not be nearly as accurate as I want.

But thanks for the link wannaoc, I'm gonna make me one of those!

Back