• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Silver Prototype?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoT

You can't fire me, I have
Arctic Silver recently sent me some of their products, one of which has the word 'Prototype' clearly printed upon it. The label reads as follows:

SX-31
Arctic Silver
High-Density
Silver
Thermal
Compound
PROTOTYPE

Has anyone else managed to obtain some of this stuff and test it? If so, what were your results?
I'll be putting a coating of this on my 1700+ as soon as it arrives, and it paired with my Volcano 7+ should be able to report some nice temps to you fair folk :D

(BTW, If this is against AS' interests *pokes Colin with a stick*, speak up to a mod and I won't cry if this thread is deleted.)

EDIT: I had to add the words "with a stick" :D

Last edited:
LOL. Does this have anything to do with your not so pretty tube of ASIII you received? :)

What's the colour of it like? Texture the same? What does it taste like? :p

cwb27 said:
LOL. Does this have anything to do with your not so pretty tube of ASIII you received? :)

What's the colour of it like? Texture the same? What does it taste like? :p

That's right :D

I haven't attempted to use it yet, it's such a TINY tube. I am waiting for my 1700+ to come, then massive overclockage with a new TIM shall begin :)

I'll take some pics when I can, but the quality will be absolute crap, and I'm not sure if I can find the drivers for this PoS Jamcam3 to pull the pics off of it.

And you're not bound under a NDA? Nice!

If you could, try testing with plain-jane AS3 then put the prototype on? Maybe even try some Ceramique too, then you might have yourself a frontpage write-up!

In the massive thermal paste test there was SX-5 and one fellow OC'er at another forum received SX-25 :) SX-25 was marginally better than Ceramique.

CaptainValor said:
How does one get on the mailing list for this stuff? :D

You don't :p

I should do tests between the 3, but I really don't have enough SX-31 nor Ceramique to thoroughly test the effectiveness of them.

Back