• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe mounting an MCH WB on the MB without mounting holes - how to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Orka

Safe mounting of MCH WB on the MB without mounting holes?

Most of 875 based MB do not have holes for mounting heat sinks/WB (i think only gigabyte does).
ThermalGlue is one of the options, but i somewhat don't trust it and would prefer mechanical mounting.
What are the options of safe, strong and reliable mounting of WB on MCH(NB) on such a boards?

Last edited:
just to simply mount it on the socket part....that seems to be the only way i can think of without glueing or using the nonexistant holes in the board....most waterblocks come with mounting kits for the socket...or you can find a mounting kit at any major watercooling store online.... www.dtekcustoms.com has some i think

dragon orb 3
Didn't find it in D-tek. If i missed it, please give a direct link.
All WB for NB i've seen come with nuts and bolts for mounting with holes on MB.
It got to be simple, but i myself cann't come with an idea for mounting that will satisfy me. :-/

Last edited:
Sorry for pumping the thread up. I really need an answer, because my WC is getting closer.
Have anyone mounted a WB on the north bridge without mounting holes in the motherBoard?

If you have a D-Tek NB WB you can use the mounting ring that came with the board to hold in on. At least that is true of the Abit boards.

Back