• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Black Ice Micro's performance??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dcesther

Hi...
Anyone tried the combo before? How do they perform compare to D-Tek's heatercore or BIX? I probably going to get those instead of modding my Lian Li.

Thank you very much for your opinions.

But then for D-tek, i have to move the hard drive cage(which i have to do for BIM as well), but i dont want to cut the upper cage.

I would think the black ice micros would work good. I have a black ice xtreme and I am very happy with its performance. Give it a try.

BTW I had to cut the crap out of my Lian Li to get that radiator to fit in the front and it just barley fits. I need a bigger case.

I almost did this same thing but decided to go with the hetercore instead. I'm not sure if you saw my pics but I had to cut out the hard drive case, half of my floppy cage, remove my front usb/firewire, and drill a hole in the front of my case in order to do so. It works well and if you have any drilling/cutting ability it isn't that hard at all, just kind of messy at times. There is a blackice micro 2 that is hard to find but it is made for two 80mm fans and could hold 4. It may work but will be very noisy with 80mm screamers on it since you lose the low sound/good cfm of 120mm fans. I would go with a heatercore, it will save you money and work better in the long run.

Heres a link to the thread I had with my progress so you can see.
w/c progress thread

Back