• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP HE login out error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DepthwD

Registered
i have winXP home edition and i shut i t down one night last week and when i turned it back on it doesn't want to log on to any user it boots to the log in window and when u click on the user it flashes like its going intoit then logs off

any ideas on what i should try i have tried doing a repair on it with the XP HE disk. i dont want to format it. thanks in advance

When you're at the logon screen, try pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del...you'll probably get past it now, (it may take a few attempts) and will probably find out that you don't have a pagefile. :)

on ctl-alt-del you go into the older style login with the box were u type it in and... nothing else important... tried starting in safemode no luck there any other suggestion?

rembered it was a running file the turminated unexpectedly so i checked on my laptop with the running applications and the closest to the few letters i remember is the application wuauclt.exe located in the system32 folder its size is 145kb small enuff to put onto a floppy but i know very little about dos and how to go about putting it back can some generous soul give me explicite instuctions on how to get to dos on start up and how to place the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32\ i'b be ever so greatful :) o and maybie this is the wrong file any one wanna test it and delete that file :)

Back