• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot is too hot for northbridge??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mmcshmi11

I was wondering what you guys consider being too hot for the northbridge. I've heard that it is fine as long as it doesn't seem too hot to touch. I have a dumb orb cooler fan on mine though, so I can't really touch it.

Is there a temperature where the system will shut down if it gets too hot? Or will my computer just burn up if I continue to let it get hotter? My northbridge is at something like 44 at load and sometimes gets up to 47. Let me know what you guys think.

Actually that is pretty good for the northbridge, alot of the motherboards with stock cooling run around 60°C+ if the FSB is pushed, and if they are above stock voltage.
So I think it is safe for me to say that you have pretty good temps.

The most I could ever get my computer to overclock was to 2.5 from 1.8. It would crash I think because I couldn't get enough voltage on the CPU. I don't think the northbridge temperatures ever got too high, probably around 50... so that's good right?

Back