• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My BIOS says 195 FSB, machine posts 194 FSB.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DogfooD

Registered
On the equipment in my sig, whenever I go over 180 FSB, the machine ALWAYS posts 1 point lower then what the BIOS is set at. If I set it to 190, it posts 189. It's currently at 195, but posting at 194. I have a Rev. 2 a7n8x and a barton 2500+. I don't find this to be a problem, just an annoyance. Anyone else have this problem?

I know of three of these boards, that do this, must be some kind of problem in the BIOS chip itself, as version does not matter.

hi

i had the same problem with my rev 1.4 now ive got a 2.0 its better but not perfik ........with an updated bios 105...........say 176 posts 177 ...... 194 posts 195..............215 posts 216

not sure why ....

however you seem to be haveing more trouble 1 mhz less everytime mmmmm

what bios have you got now?
have you flashed to the latest bios?

my board Rev 2.0 A7N8X 1004 Uber bios does the same thing. not sure why though ... but works good so i don't sweat it.

i've had 4 boards that did that.. since everythign boots up fine and it runs at teh correct fsb when its in windows i dont sweat about it

Mine does it too. Sandra and WCPUID agree that FSB is 1 mhz less than BIOS setting. Rev2 board with 1005 BIOS

This happens to me too. I'll set say, 180mhz --> save --> reboot and on the boot screen it tells me 179mhz. Get into windows, load WCPUID and it tells me 180. Realtime clock check gives me the result of 180x11 and not 179x11, for example. Just a strange quirk.

ive had quite a few boards do this. i dont think its a problem, just a quirk. i always thought it was just how it was, never thought to question it.

Back