• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MBM5 For 8RDA+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
Where on the Mobo does MBM5 get its chipset temp. for an 8RDA+? My CPU runs at 36 under full load and the chipset is at 31. Is this OK or am I shortnening the life of my board? I have a Crystal Orb on the NB and a passive HS on the SB.

THX

I just got this board and I am seeing 29C-31C system temps and 31C idle and 35C under load with the 1700 Tbred B water cooled and the Vantec on the NB and the stock NB cooler on the SB with great case flow.

Since that is an nForce board those temps are normal. If you had a KT400 based board you would be dancing in the streets seeing a system temp of only 31-35C. My Abit AT7-max2 runs 44-52C for its system temperature reading (usually one or two degrees higher than my cpu socket).

Thanks for the help and info. My sys is aircooled and gets pretty good airflow (I have 5 case fans).

Thanks again, my fears are calmed.

EDIT** BTW I am using the passive HS that was included with the Vantec on the SB.

Back