• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mag pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gixxer420

I just picked up a Mag 5 for only 4 more dollars than the model 3. So I was wondering how peeps attached the hoses to it. Also if any has picks of there mag please post them as I can kinda get an idea. Thx

i have a mag 3, i went to homedepot and bought a splicer adapter and i used epoxy to to attach that to the intake nozzle, and for the output nozzle i used a threaded adapter ... let me find some pics and i'll post them

pics:

yeah it's kinda messy but her's the mag 3 in the case

computer_inside.jpg

and here's front view of the pump itself, it's all messy loking because i did crack my case when transporting it.. i fixed it using epoxy and silicon...

pump.jpg

hope this helps some...

Last edited:
I have the mag 3 and all I did was buy some normal screw on barbs and teflon tape. Careful when screwing them on as some people have said they have cracked the casing.

I use 3/8 id 1/2 od so I went to Home Depot and bought the quick connects like swiftech uses and used teflon tape on the threads. Any of you guys pull the o-ring on the housing and go to silicone? I read a review on the mag 3 @ WC101 The reviewer said the way the have the o-ring that it might not last.

http://www.wc101.com/reviews/danner/

yeah, that O-ring design is just to hold water in the pump, not keep it from seeping out of the pump. Its a cheaply designed seal.

Take it out, and put a good bead around where it was and seal it back up.

Jon

Theres two versions of these pumps, one has a 3/4 male hose connection on the inlet(I beleive), the other has 1/2" NPT female threads on both inlet & outlet.

I made sure I got the 1/2" inlet/outlet version so I could add my own connections. Home Depot used to sell 1/2" x1/2"NPT brass barbs that fit nicely (stopped sellign them here).

I also replaced the O-ring with a good bead of silicone.

I did not glue the impeller, as I experimented with a small bead of silicone to "glue" it, and it ended up not starting impeller rotation at all - would stall.

If you don't want it to rattle as much during startup, you can put a tiny dab( ~ 0.5mm) of silicone on each side of the little tab under the impeller. This will cusion the blow a bit and lower resulting startup rattle a tad.

Back