• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mofsets are hot!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zeke968

I put ramsinks on my mofsets to help cool them, and today I checked to see how much heat they are dissapating and they were hot to the touch - and I'm not even maxing out the OC for this CPU....

Has anyone else experienced this? And, what's a good way to rig a fan over them to cool them off a bit?

My mosfets are toasty too. I cut up an old pentium socket 7 heatsink used thermal tape. I rely on the internal airflow to cool them down, but they are still hot to the touch.

I've seen some rig small fans over them. I experimented with a small fan zip-tied to over them, but I found that interered with the CPU airflow and actually raised my CPU temps a little.

I would say experiment, but I am curious to see what other post :D .

It's quite normal for your MOSFETs and the voltage regulator to run hot. I mounted Microcool ramsinks to MOSFETs and VR with AS Arctic Alumina thermal epoxy.

Some have mounted fans pointing at the MOSFETs.

In my case, I have a 900U heatsink with 92mm fan. The 92mm fan overlaps the sides of the heatsink, blowing some cooler air down past the sides of the cpu heatsink to board level. Close enough for me.

Hope this helps!

Back