• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the *safest*, most *idiotproof* way to mod my A7N8X-DLX Vcore options?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
My system is in my signature - I want to be able to raise my Vcore above 1.75 (my DLT3C JIUHB 1700 has a default Vcore of 1.5, so my A7N8X-Deluxe tops it off at 1.75), but am mortally afraid of trying the Vcore Volt mods I have read about recently for this board. I have read a little bit about pin mods - but don't know a whole lot about them or how they work, and am really posting this to seek more information and some people with first-hand experience.

I would preferrably like be able to change the Vcore in the BIOS with a *minimum* Vcore of around 1.7 or below , and moving upwards to around 1.85, preferrably without risking motherboard death (hence my interest in pin mods - The chip is a *whole* lot cheaper to replace if I mess up ;)).

A preferrable soloution would be fairly easy (I can handle most stuff - but don't want to try the really hard stuff for fear of mistakes), and fairly inexpensive. And solder-free ;).

I apologize if this has been asked before - I did a quick search and didn't turn up much that looked really relevent.

I am using the ASUS BIOS ver 1005. My board is a rev. 2.0.

Any links, suggestions, or firsthand experience is greatly appreciated! :).

Thanks.

- felinusz

1059021769_1_6V_mod.jpg

Heyz, here's a diagram of where you should put the wire in. Just cut a small piece of wire less than 1 cm and bend it into a U. I find it easier to do with a tweezer holding the center and bending it then carefully putting it in. This wire trick will default your vcore to 1.6v and give you vcore up to 1.85. GL doing it and take your time.

Thanks a lot. This diagram *is* for My T-Bred 1700 right (just checking ;))?

So basically I should take two small copper wires, carefully bend them, and wrap them around the pins shown connected in the diagram so that the pins are connected by the wire (again - just checking ;))?

Thank you for the nice diagram :)

Wrong :)

You need ONE wire, and not wrap the pins - just insert it U-like into two holes (the leftmost and the rightmost of the three marked). As to whether it should or should NOT contact the middle pin - I'm not sure, go doble-check the CPU spec.

BTW, make sure to verify if it is a diagram for a CPU or a SOCKET (they're mirror images).

HTH...

Where exactly can I verify whether I need to have contact with the middle pin or not?

I have seen a fairly extensive pin mod guide on another site (ocinside.de) but it seems to only have instructions for setting specific values - not raising defaults values or unlocking values.

The reason I am double checking all of this is my reluctance to fry my lovely processor ;).

Back