• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No CDROM In "My Computer"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craigiz1

I installed a second cdrom in my system because the one I had in it went bad. Anyway, it work's, but it isn't seen in "My Computer" and since I disconnected the first on, nothing is shown for "cdrom's" now.

How do I get Window's to see it?

I tried "install new hardware", but all it say's is that it's working correctly. And I went into "Computer Management", but I don't see the anything but the main "C" drive.

I did some search's, but didn't find what I needed.

Thank's. :confused:

First, we need to know what version of Windows. Second, if you are running XP or 2k, I think the CD-ROM may just not have a letter assigned to it. To assign a drive letter, do this:

Right click on My Computer and click Manage. Expand Storage | Disk Management. From there, right click on the drive, and you should ba allowed to change or assign a drive letter.

I had to point out the obvious, but did you set the jumper on the new CD rom you purchased to either SLAVE or MASTER?

I think that may be your issue. B/c if it isn't set right, it will not be found by Windows.

Back