• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ed P4 Temps.... Are they right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jaster

Registered
Hi all,

I just got my DigiDoc installed today and I'm wondering if the temps are correct... I have a P4 3.0C running at 945Mhz FSB/3544Mhz (without volt increase thats the highest I can go stable) on a Gigabyte 8KNXP. According to DigiDoc my idle temps are 28C and load temps are about 36C. Does that sound right? For cooling I have a Alpha PAL8942 heatsink with a Vantec Tornado (84 CFM) Also two Sunon 42 CFM fans in the case... One blowing in from the back and the top one exausting... I'm thinking the DigiDoc temps are more accurate than the bios ones... Because I have two flat type sensors installed for my CPU (one on the bottom of the mobo right under the cpu, and one right on the side of the cpu) And the temp difference is never more than 1C (usually .3-.6/7) and the bios reports of a temp about 8C's higher than that of the DigiDoc.... The side of my case is also currently off but I don't think that'll affect it too much as I've got a nice aluminum Lian-Li..

That sounds about right. I'm at 28-29°C idle and 37°C load (folding) running a P4 2.4c @ 3.0ghz. My room temp is usually a steady 74°F.

-Bobby

Back