• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

zalman 7000cu at frozen cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Derivative

You should get Arctic Silver Ceramique. It's better AND cheaper. It comes in a 2.7g syringe which should last you about 20-30 applications.

-Bobby

Nope, it's just their new compound. Works better and it's non-conductive. You might be thinking of their Arctic Alumina Epoxy.

If you're not stuck on getting AS, Nanotherm PCM+ has been getting amazing reviews and it's easier to apply, or so they say. If I didn't already have syringes of AS3 and Ceramique, I would pick some of that up.

-Bobby

Oh cool. ill pick some ceramique up then... actually ill do a search for some reviews of the nanotherm... do you know of any good reviews to link?

Stan03 - I was looking at that hsf for the nb but it looks like I'd have to epoxy it on, which I'd rather not do. The 40mm fan glued on to the stock hs works very well and it's cheap I had the 40mm fan which was on an old P133 cpu.

-Bobby

Don't know if this is out of place or there's something obvious I'm missing, but SVC also has the CNPS-7000Cu for 36.99, though they don't carry the PCM+ that I saw.

Bobby said:
Stan03 - I was looking at that hsf for the nb but it looks like I'd have to epoxy it on, which I'd rather not do. The 40mm fan glued on to the stock hs works very well and it's cheap I had the 40mm fan which was on an old P133 cpu.

-Bobby

which one? i don't know about the tiger but the link i posted uses screws... is your nb heatsink not secured by screws?

I read that you cannot use a 7000cu with the TT Tiger? The 7000cu is so big that it does not allow enough room for the tiger?

Bobby said:
Nope. 4 hooks.

-Bobby

Oh, dern that sucks... and about the price... some people don't have extra heatsinks lying around, and have no extra parts whatsoever because they are new... did you think of that? im talking from personal experience.:(

Derivative said:
I read that you cannot use a 7000cu with the TT Tiger? The 7000cu is so big that it does not allow enough room for the tiger?

With the stock nb and a 40mm fan, I have no problems with space using a 7000ALCu.

-Bobby

ooops, directed that at anvil82 and Pixel sorry i need to work on expressing myself clearer:)

Back