• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where should I T off for my bleed line?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I have been running submersible for awhile now and I am now going to go inline. So I'm just wondering if there is a best place to T off. Highest part of system? Before Pump? After Pump? Anywhere?

My setup goes: Pump>Rad>WB>back to pump

Thanks for your input.

I always shoot for highest possible first and immediately after the radiator if possible.

Height helps with easier/faster filling, and I think that being after the rad gives the fastest bleed of air since radiators usually are a big air-bubble retaining device :D

In truth though I don't think it's really too critical, especially if you don't drain and fill often. At least not as often as I do ;)

Last edited:
I am using the same config that you are, and I put my T linr right in between the heatercore and the pump. Seemed to work well for me. ;)

in btween pump and heater core, is that mean output of the pump and heater core, right? i'm wondering. thanks in advance

rogerdugans said:
I always shoot for highest possible first and immediately after the radiator if possible.

Height helps with easier/faster filling, and I think that being after the rad gives the fastest bleed of air since radiators usually are a big air-bubble retaining device :D

In truth though I don't think it's really too critical, especially if you don't drain and fill often. At least not as often as I do ;)
Hate do disagree roger! :D IMO it is best to place the T after the CPU and BEFORE the pump. Highest possible spot, yes. The reason why BEFORE the pump is good is that when you fill the system, the pump gets primed from the start. In my new system, I have no T line like I did in my old system, I have an extra barb on one of my heater cores and it is not as easy to fill and bleed, it is very difficult to get water to the pump...

Back