• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Use epoxy to change Nbridge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

7keys

Use epoxy to change chip-set heatsink?

Should I use epoxy to change the chip set heatsink? How about as3 and epoxy mix?

I did exactly this however I did use as3 thermal epoxy. This was done with the thinking that I would be upgrading the mother board down the road a little and no thoughts of water or tec cooling where in mind. I have found this to be an acceptable solution. I also incorporate a fan for active cooling. Take Care

Thanks!

I'm thinking of mixing the two together to make "home made" as3 thermal epoxy. Whadua think?

Hmm.. I had soem epoxy and mixed it with ASIII.... I stuck it on my TnT2... EIther I killed it, or it didnt like the mix... I would imagine it would work though... it can be quite strong if you do it right... I did it to 2 things, and it stuck to one. wouldn't come off lol.

you would be better off just putting the arctic silver on the chip and then use the epoxy or superglue just on the corners.
If its not thermal epoxy then its only going to insulate the heat coming off the chip, and keep it from getting to the heatsink. Mixing arctic silver into the epoxy wouldnt help much because it would become diluted and no longer effective.

Well! I did it!

I mixed about 1/3 AS3 and 2/3 epoxy I spread a very thin layer over the chip set and stuck the heatsink on it. I put a little weight on it for a few hours and I hope it works better than the tape they had on it. They say taking off the tape (which acts more as a insulator than it does as a heat transfer agent) solves a lot of the problems the K7S5A has.

Back