• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to get a new NF7-S v2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

Heya people. I'm really considering getting an nf7-s v2 from excaliberpc. Its just going to be a straight swap with the 8RDA+ v1.1. Is there anything I should look out for with this board? I know its like playing roulette when you flash the bios on the epox. I've read on kingstons website about their hyperX having problems with v2 nforce2 boards. Hows the NF7 deal with it?

Anything else you might add dealing with this board would be great. Thanks.

hey i've had the board quite a few months and it's been great, abit just officially released the windows bassed bios update (either automatically or from your own file) and i've used it 3 times all went great. the boards don't really require much moding compared to 8RDA (of which i had) unless you wanna shoot for ungodly high FSB's :D
which is fun lol.
good luck

I just ordered the nf7-s board from excaliberpc myself, along with an 1700xp dlt3c processor and a bios survival kit(hope I never need it) should be here later this week. Cant wait.hehe

The best?

My freind told me this board is the best for OCing and athlon, Is this true? I just baught one of those TBRED 1700s too and im looking at MBs the OC it with, my second option was one of those wicked expensive Gigabyte titan boards with the riser power controller. Any segestions? Ohh yea one last thing, what do you think is the max OC i can get with that processor, a SLK-900, and a 92 mm vantec tornado moving 118cfm? Should i go peltier or water? Any good pre-assembled H20 kits out there?

yeah, the nf7-s 2.0 is one of the best, if not THE best, motherboards for overclocking the Athlon XPs

how high an overclock you can get depends largely on what stepping of the 1700 you have...the 0310s and the 0319s seem to be the best

Back