• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new heatsink options?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steve978

I have so far been using a thermalright sk-7 and an 80mm vantec tornado on my 2500xp. But when I run my comp at load (prime 95) I get 45 degress celcius. I have reapplyed the heatsink and thermal grease about 3 times and using arctic silver 3. I'm not using to much only a thin layer. Any sugestions? I also am considering an upgrade to a thermalright slk-900U with a panflo 92mm (the tornado annoys me :D) what other quality heatsinks are there in the 50$ range I would appreciate any help and links are great :D

slk-900 is the best heatsink out there. sk-7 is already a good heatsink.. the only other heatsink i would look at that you havnt mentioned is the slk-800..

personally i reallly like all of the thermalright models of heatsink =d they do make niec heatsinks

yup, that sounds good, just make sure its compatible with your mobo CLICK and get like a 92 mm panaflow.:D

I'd recommend a Smart Fan II for either SLK. Best noise/performance ratio I've had. :)

if you have amd, get the slk800a. intel get the slk900 with a vantec tornado.

I don't understand why you want to upgrade your cooling, other than for noise considerations. Your temps are plenty cool. Are you getting system instability with your overclock? -- Paul

someone told me that i should probably try so case fans before i do anything drastic as i only have 1... any suggestions for case fans?

you want quiet? some vantec stealths, you want adjustable speeds get some TTSF2s

Back