• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Details bar??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

verbatim

Jus a quick one....

I dunno what its called, but I think its the detail bar. When u open a folder in xp, on the left hand side there is a info bar with file size, preview etc. Anyone know how to get it back as its disaapeared on me?

ta

No go sry

I tryed that b4. The thing is I didnt do anything b4 to get rid of the bar. I was just looking through my folders and suddenly it was gone. wierd.

Try clicking the "Folders" button on the toolbar so the Folder tree isn't enabled in a folder window, or select View | Explorer Bar - uncheck "Folders". Also, make sure the "Enable Web Content In Folders" option is selected under Folder Options, and the window is wide enough to show both the Web View bar and the file list at the same time.

Last edited:
I cant find this "Enable Web Content In Folders" option
I was thinking of either the "Active desktop" option in the Group Policy Editor...Start | Run | Type gpedit.msc and hit OK | Expand the following branch...

User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Desktop | Active Desktop | "Enable Active Desktop"

...or the option in TweakUI for XP called " Allow Web content to be added to the desktop"...my fault. :)

Back