• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VGA cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gbcue

Registered
What is a good GPU cooler? I currently have a stock fan, it's going out, looks like the Thermaltake Blue Orb. What do you guys suggest? I was thinking of the ThermalTake GeForce4 cooler or the Vantec Iceberq4 PRO Copper one.

Last edited:
The vantec iceberq4 does produce lower temperatures on average than the TT geforce4 cooler, zalman is the way to go for a quiet video card, because it's a passive cooler it will get somewhat hotter.

The vantec iceberg4 comes with the copper GPU HSF and 4 aluminum heatsinks for the memory. The only difference between the TT geforce4 cooler is that TT includes aluminum heatsinks for the back of the memory, the iceberg4 will only cover the front of BGA/SGRAM.

a higher "CFM" or "rpm" doesnt mean that it will outperform the other Heatsink, since vantec iceberq4 uses a different heatsink design, if it was the same heatsink on both with different fans, then probably yes.

gbcue said:
What is a good GPU cooler? I currently have a stock fan, it's going out, looks like the Thermaltake Blue Orb. What do you guys suggest? I was thinking of the ThermalTake GeForce4 cooler or the Vantec Iceberq4 PRO Copper one.

The best GPU cooler you can ever use right now would be to mod a All Copper Skived fin 1U Cooler.

A TT smartfan II with the potentiometer at lowest cannot be heard....but, where is the ideal place to place the fan?

Back