• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mcx462+t Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JerkasaurusRex

I recently got an MCX462+T heatsink and i am having problems with it. I have an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ un-overclocked (yet...) and a vantec stealth 520 watt psu (28a on 12v rail) and i am having problems.

I connected 2 wires from TEC to the euro style conenctor than i used 20 guage hook up wire to go from connector to molex. Yes i did go from red-yellow and black-black. It seems that the wires and conenctor get very very hot and i dont know why.

Also it seems my pelt isnt working. I am getting temps of 47 C and it dosnt go up or down. I have a 92 mm vantec tornado on it. What is the problem and how do i fix it?

Yes i am.

My system specs are:
Abit NF7-S mobo
Athlon XP 2400+
eVGA GF4 Ti 4200 128 mb
Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer
128 mb pc 2100 generic ram
4 80 mm vantec stealth fans
2 120 mm vantec stealth fans
MCX462+T w/ vantec Tornado
WD 60 gb hard drive
16 magicDVD drive

if you are running a high wattage pelt then you shouldn't run it off of the psu, even if you have a high wattage psu you could still get some stability problems if you are running a lot of fan/lights/drives.

So you know the pelt you are running needs 24amps to run right. With your set up it's not getting what it needs and you run the risk of damaging the pelt. Best bet is to A) get another 520 with a high amps on the 12rail or get a MeanWell PSU.

It has enough amps. The 12v rail has 28 amps on it. Thats enough for the pelt cause it says it needs 24 amps+ and i am giving it mroe than 24 so it shouldt be a problem.

Constantinos said:
It has enough amps. The 12v rail has 28 amps on it. Thats enough for the pelt cause it says it needs 24 amps+ and i am giving it mroe than 24 so it shouldt be a problem.

You also said you are running your computer off of it as well which means the CD-rom and HDDs and such are using amps as well.

Well that would be ok for a dedicated psu for the peltier, but not for the pelt and the rest of your system.

Well what can i do other than getting a new PSU since i literaly have 0 cash now. My hard drive SATA if that helps at all. How many amps would be left on the 12v rail than?

Look around on the net and see how many amps each thing runs off of and get rid of the ones you don't need. The 80mm fans use .10 maps and the 120mm uses .08 as for the rest not really sure.

Yes i do, i have an extra 300 watt and an extra 400 watt but they dont supply more than 24 amps on the 12v line. The 400 watt only gives 14 amps and 300 watt only gives 8 amps. Too little to use em and i have no place to put them inside my case since i onyl have a mid tower.

To hot wire take a wire and jump from the green wire to the black wire next to it or one away from it and to turn it on and off use the switch on the back of it. As for the 400 take out the 520 and set it on top of your case and put the 400 where the 520 was.

Ok this is my last reply. To hot wire your PSU two ends of a moles that will fit in the part that connects to the 20pin part of your mobo. Connect the wires by splicing and taping them together and put on end in the green wire and one in the black wire. Just set the 520 on the outside top of your case and leave the side open so you can hook the wires to the pelt. You would turn the PSU running the pelt on by the rocker switch on the back of it. The 400 watt PSU that would run your computer will be inside the case and will turn on when you turn on the computer like it always does. All you do is turn on the PSU running the pelt wait about 30 seconds then turn on your rig.

Back