• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice please.. ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goateh

Ok, im not sure if I have the right place.. i hope I do. Im going to setup an old p2 233 as a gateway using windows2k (cause my adsl modem does not work in linux). But i am wondering how to go about the following:

*Have it so that I can have 2 or more people connected to a battle.net server and allow us to play arranged teams

*Decent security (if poss)

I was told that I would be required to setup a VPN for the first one, but I am wondering if there is any other way to go around it, or maybe you could point me to some resources (the Ms knowledge base is just confusing).

Anything else that I might need or people think that I might need would be nice :)

-btw- the modem i am using a Nokia Ni200

You might be able to do Internet connection sharing. That takes 2 NICS but I think the PC you have right now is a little too slow for that.

Well i was running it on a 166mhz computer before, im not really too worried about the speed i just want something that can fix my probs ^_^

So what exactly are you asking? I play WCIII with both my son and I on one 28.8 dial up connection just fine with internet connections sharing. I just used the tools in Windows XP and have just used the disc to load the tools onto any of the other comps that are running 98. Just make sure that you have IPS/SPX enabled on each comp and you should be good to go. As for speed of the PII233 it should be fine as long as that comp isnt trying to play a game at the same time. Just make sure that that comp has plenty of memory (preferably 256mb) and it should work fine as an internet server.

Ah ok, the only problem i have is that when me and my friend try and play Arragned teams through the same lan, we can't join each others games and have to have someone outside the network to set it up for us, we have tried forwarded ports etc.. but nothing worked

Back