• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help setting up digital fan control

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Homerr

I got a digital fan control that I want to install, but I don't have the instructions. (lost them :mad:

It looks straight forward, but I still have a few questions:

1. This controller has 2 thermometers. Where do I place them?

2. I have 5 case fans (one is on hard drive)
CPU fan, Video fan, mobo fan.

My fan control can handle up to 8 fans. Which fans should I be controlling? I don't think I need to control them all, as I would like to leave at least 2 case fans on at all times.

And lastly...

At what temperatures should I set each fan to kick on at?

Thanks,

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

you should put the first temp probe and put it somewhere in the case where it doesnt get airflow, to get your true case temp. the second sensor should go underneath the heatsink, just barely touching the core of the cpu, but make sure it doesnt hinder contact between the cpu and the heatsink.

Thank you!

I figured one of them goes under the HSU, but I din't know where the second went.

Now any idea on what fans I should be controlling and at what temp?

Should I be controlling the HSU fan? It would seem silly to, as it should be on at all times anyways.

H.

Back