• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Beast...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Well after much hard work, my beast is just about done. Those of you who know my 'old rig' (Lite-On FS-020), this new rig has all the same parts, except now I have 2 Heater Cores running in parallel. The new rig sports 13 fans and is lighter and QUIETER than the box it replaces.

120mm's:
4 Panaflo M1A's on the HC's - 86CFM @ 35dBa all on Rheostat
2 Panaflo L1A's on the 2 top front intakes - 69CFM @ 30dBa
3 Mechatronics, 2 on top (one blowing in mobo side, one exhausting, pump side and one behind the mobo) - 55CFM @ 25dBA
80mm's:
4 Panaflo L1A 24CFM @ 22dBa on rear exhausting.

CPU temps are roughly 4C better with the same settings and the same components, the added air and dual HC's really help.

I plan to do a build 'article' in the near future but I will show some early finished pics here.

The Old Rig:

fullinside.jpg

New Rig-

Front:

frontdone.jpg

Rear:

reardone.jpg

Mobo side:

h20sidedone.jpg

Pump side:

pumpsidedone.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying to build a similiar setup but external as i picked up 2 heater cores cheap, what head rating does the iwaki have as i don't think my 1048 can cut it.

But yeah looks awesome
Cheers.

wow, the mobo side is really clean, very nice job. Its good to see more of these cube cases...speaking of which, how much did you pay for the case?

Jon

Oh wow. Thats really nice! I was looking forward to seeing this one.

Now lets hope that when I completely wake up, Ill have the incentive to finish mine:D

Jon

That is some excellent work there dood !
I just can't imagine carting one of those around at a lan party :eek: LOL

who else makes these cases? I am trying to do some research and I am not finding too many of them. Any help would be most appreciated. Of course, an old SGI box would be VERY cool!

Posidon42 said:
who else makes these cases? I am trying to do some research and I am not finding too many of them. Any help would be most appreciated. Of course, an old SGI box would be VERY cool!
www.mountainmods.com makes the one I have. they are the only ones who make this particular case, however, there are many cube style cases around.

Ok, now I really DO hate you!!!! :D

That is phenomenal man. Simply fantastic.

Those are the best words I can come up with and they just are not enough for how much I like that system.

You did a wonderful job and I too look forward to reading the article.

Have one on me after all that work :beer:

Back