• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
Aaah.. just woke up to some nice looking errors this morning:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 24/07/2003
Time: 11:05:56 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DEBRIS
Description:
Application popup: Explorer.EXE - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77d5243a" referenced memory at "0x000de040". The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of "0xc000009a".

Click on OK to terminate the program

about a hundred of these:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Srv
Event ID: 2019
Date: 28/07/2003
Time: 1:05:33 AM
Description:
The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty.
Data:
0000: 00 00 04 00 01 00 54 00 ......T.
0008: 00 00 00 00 e3 07 00 c0 ....ã..À
0010: 00 00 00 00 9a 00 00 c0 ....š..À
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 01 00 00 00 ....

two of these:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Ftdisk
Event ID: 50
Time: 2:33:12 AM
Description:
{Lost Delayed-Write Data} The system was attempting to transfer file data from buffers to \Device\HarddiskVolume2. The write operation failed, and only some of the data may have been written to the file.
Data:
0000: 00 00 04 00 02 00 56 00 ......V.
0008: 00 00 00 00 32 00 04 80 ....2..€
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 9a 00 00 c0 š..À
and a couple "couldn't write your file. you lost data, your screwed, have a nice day" :
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event ID: 26
Time: 2:33:12 AM
Description:
Application popup: Windows - Delayed Write Failed : Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Docs\Email\Inbox.mbx. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

Yay! Good morning to you too!
Then it bluescreened me: KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR

So... what is my system doing wrong? This 3-year old install was running fine until last week, SP4 got installed, and it has been leaving me subtle hints that I should format it. :mad:

it's Win2k, with newly-installed SP4.

yeah, i figured one of the problems may be a harddrive problem (due to the errors). I'll check that when I get back home.

Not sure if SP4 is the cause or not.. this machine was originally installed w/o Service packs, then I installed SP1, SP2, and SP3 as they came out, and now SP4.

it could be but sp4 but i have installed it recently with no issue, but i maybe a hard dive issue. you may want to back up your data just incase. Good luck let me know if you find out the problem.

Now I understand. I would have to say get rid of the sp4. thats where your conflicts are coming from. do you reallyy need it? I mean your pc was running great before and now after the update its messing up....... I would get rid of it and maybe try a reload . ,if you just have to have it ...................

WildArmSX said:
it could be but sp4 but i have installed it recently with no issue, but i maybe a hard dive issue. you may want to back up your data just incase. Good luck let me know if you find out the problem.

maybe its a hard drive issue ,but I dont know most problems with hard drives are pretty definate, you know ? at least from my experience. I have a box that almost five yrs old now running 24/7with the same ol hdd's. no problem. Now OS issues are a different story. that always seems to be the problem..............

Su, that's wretched. I went over to eventID.com just to see if there was anything interesting on your errors as I have fortunately never had to trouble shoot them before.

There's info that seems to point towards checking your reg file size, paging file size, and a possible memory leak (didn't they get rid of these years ago?)

Anyway, here's the link to the 2019 event ID:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2019&source=Srv

Check out this quote from Microsoft, "Nonpaged pool pages cannot be paged out to the Paging File"

Um... then how much wood would a woodchuck chuck....???

Wedo

Thanks for the suggestions.

Harddrives are fine, as far as chkdsk is concerned..
20KB in bad sectors on my system drive, but that's about it. (Isn't NTFS supposed to be able to spot, mark, and relocate data off a bad sector on the fly, such as to not effect the system?)

I'm pretty sure it's a memory leak somewhere. I'm thinking it's SP4, but that's a blind guess. We'll see if it does it again tonight, it's been running fine most of today day. I put a tracer on the memory pools.. maybe that'll give me some idea on what happens

whether its been sid or not but the delayed write failed is bad disks or similar.. I get that error as \device\cdrom0 since every now and then my DVD-ROM drivers get corupted (dunno why..just glitchy OS install) I would guess the rest of those as well as the BSOD are related to bad sectors. the two drive errors filter to the paging and Kernal errors (SRV errors and I/O errrors) thats my only guess... could be corrupted device drivers (yes, for the HDD) caused by the SP4, not sure though. havent tried SP4 yet myself.

Bad sectors is a sign of a dying drive. A modern hard drive should not have any bad sectors. (Mine doesn't!) It may never get worse, if your lucky, but it could die tomorrow.

hmm... i would check the physical ram itself. if you have 2 sticks, try taking one out at a time and let it run for a while. if you don't see any problems with one and not the other... well you get the point...

i got similar errors when i had a stick of ram that was crapping out on me...

also, try to run prime95 while on each stick or if you only have 1 stick and see if it fails...

pik4chu said:
whether its been sid or not but the delayed write failed is bad disks or similar.. I get that error as \device\cdrom0 since every now and then my DVD-ROM drivers get corupted (dunno why..just glitchy OS install) I would guess the rest of those as well as the BSOD are related to bad sectors. the two drive errors filter to the paging and Kernal errors (SRV errors and I/O errrors) thats my only guess... could be corrupted device drivers (yes, for the HDD) caused by the SP4, not sure though. havent tried SP4 yet myself.
I get alot of \device\cdrom0 errors when I put in scratched cds, and it can't read parts of it/or it's too slow in reading the damaged parts.

I knew about the bad sectors a few months ago, but it isn't growing, so that's a plus.

Never thought of RAM as the cause... If the problem keeps up, I'll definately try that.

No problems tonight :) The perfmon log I left going showed nothing out of the ordinary. I'll call it a fluke for now, see what happens in the next little while.

Thanks for your input. :D

su root said:

I get alot of \device\cdrom0 errors when I put in scratched cds, and it can't read parts of it/or it's too slow in reading the damaged parts.

I knew about the bad sectors a few months ago, but it isn't growing, so that's a plus.

Never thought of RAM as the cause... If the problem keeps up, I'll definately try that.

No problems tonight :) The perfmon log I left going showed nothing out of the ordinary. I'll call it a fluke for now, see what happens in the next little while.

Thanks for your input. :D

i got the same sort of thing with my zip drive... and i thought that my zip drive failed so i bought a new zip drive for no reason... oh well... now i have a zip drive in my web server :)

su root said:

i guess that could be my problem...but most of them were new discs...oh well, anyways lets hope it never happens again

Back