• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CDRoms are all screwd up on my nforce2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amsties

Registered
just got my new abit nf7-s v2.0 last week. during the past couple days iv been watching a couple dvds and now there all skipping around stalling and hanging for up to 2 mins. im also having problems with my cdrw when i put some disk in causes my system to hang. I hear there's some problems with nvidias ide drivers and was wondering if this might be the cause or if my dvd player failing? after i fist put in my mb, on a brand new hard drive installed xp then the chipset drivers that came with the disk. cuz i couldnt get on the internet to get the sp1 and ati drivers with out them. then after i got my sp1 and ati drivers and everything else,I installed the new chipset drivers. it asked me if i wanted to install new ide drivers. i said no cuz i heard there no good so i said no. when i go to device manager under ide con. it says NVIDIA Nforce MCP2 ide controler. driver date (may13 2002) i must have installed the ide drivers off my disk. now if this is the cause to my problem should i just uninstall them from device manager, or should i reinstall new ide drivers with new chipset drivers. march 2003? what should i do to resolve my probem? if it is the cause?

Just off the top of my head I would check your jumper settings and cable position of your cd drives. Also make sure you have them running in ultra dma mode.

I don't think you get the options of choosing DMA modes with the NVIDIA drivers. Do make sure that your drives are set up properly (ie only one slave and one master per chain). I haven't had a single issue with the NVIDIA drivers, so I really don't know that I'd blame the issue on the driver, although I believe that driver is out of date if it was made last year. Get the newest drivers you can. If you can, try rolling back your drivers to a point where you didn't have the problem. Download all the newest drivers, then roll back your drivers and install only the newest ones. Installing the drivers off the disk that comes with the board is never a good idea because they're always outdated.

Z

ya just downloaded 2.45 still same problem. its acually just my dvd player set as slave on slave slot on ribbion with my burner set at master (wich is working fine)

Back