• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tube question....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikieboyblue

Ok guys I had a bit of an accident (not that bad)...I think one of my side case fans hit my tubing and made a small slice in it....more like a scrape when you fall on pavement with your knee.

Now I've checked it out and it's not leaking and it looks ok....and have applied some sealent to fill in the hole...now should I replace this tubing or it is ok?

Thanks,
Mike

It prob is ok if you pressure tested it but if it was me id replace it. dont even need to watercool to guess that answer.

get a new 1.00 hose or whatever or take a risk doing hundreds of dollars of damage. personally its not worth the risk and id spend the dollar for a new hose.

mikieboyblue said:
Ok guys I had a bit of an accident (not that bad)...I think one of my side case fans hit my tubing and made a small slice in it....more like a scrape when you fall on pavement with your knee.

Now I've checked it out and it's not leaking and it looks ok....and have applied some sealent to fill in the hole...now should I replace this tubing or it is ok?

Thanks,
Mike

If its not leaking and you feel safe enough with the sealant to now be worried than I wouldnt worry about it. If you don't think the sealing will keep it from leaking than replace it.

If I were you I would not worry about it until next time I need to order somthing then just grab some tubing as well.

Re: Re: Tube question....

CrashOveride said:

If its not leaking and you feel safe enough with the sealant to now be worried than I wouldnt worry about it. If you don't think the sealing will keep it from leaking than replace it.

If I were you I would not worry about it until next time I need to order somthing then just grab some tubing as well.

Yeah, I mean I could replace it...I have like 15 feet of this tubbing just laying around :D ....If I pull it out I'd probably try to redo some of the setup...that would be another weekend project.

:)

I think it is ok....but I'll probably redo the setup in about three weeks anyhow......

Thanks!
Mike

So if I wanted to replace this tube would I have to strip everything out of the case or just the water cooling setup?

Mike

It's really not under a lot of pressure; it will be fine as is. The only reason we like thick tubing is that it's less apt to kink; not for its pressure qualities.

I made a similar mistake, except this time with a file(not a computer file). But mine went really deep and actually made a tiny hole. So I filled the crack up with sealent and then put some tissue over the top and rubbed sealent into it.

It has made a very good repair job. No leaks.

If you have any doubt, just replace it.

I just redid my water cooling rig this weekend. Took me about 10 hours including several trips to the local hardware store. I kind of re-worked mine.

I took the whole machine apart too. I wanted to put some Artic Silver III on the north bridge. I had to remove everything to do so. That's why I took it all out. Plus, I have to remove hoses to get my water rig out. So I removed all cards and took the machine into the bathtub. I drained the water and went from there.

Cool thanks for the bathtub tip...

I need to move my T-line anyhow...when I get some free time in about three weeks I'll probably tear it apart....

Mike

Sounds like the problem is solved (and I agree with leeting it wait until the next "tweak session as long as it's not leaking), but a thought occurred to me:

Q: How do you know when you are seriously addicted to water cooling?

A: When you can completely disassemble and rebuild your system and have it running....in less then an hour! :D

I think I may have a problem.....;)

Q: How do you know when you are seriously addicted to water cooling?

A: When you can completely disassemble and rebuild your system and have it running....in less then an hour! :D

I think I may have a problem.....;)

Hahahaha.....

Back