• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Load RAID drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doodah10

I have 2 new SATA drives I want to run in RAID0 on a fresh install on a new A7N8X R2 DLX. I will be using Win XP pro. There is a point in the boot floppy sequence where it asks if I want to install 3rd party RAID controller drivers. Does WinXP boot floppies have that driver or do I need to get it elsewhere? Maybe make a floppy from the driver file CD that came with the MB?

just download the latest drivers from your board manufacturers website. That way you get the latest drivers:D Make sure you get the latest bios for your motherboard too. Good luck and enjoy the speed:D

I'll give that a try. I just downloaded the file and noticed it has files for boot floppy install as well as after windows is already in.

Last edited:
Just download the Silicon Image raid drivers and extract them to a blank floppy. Then, hit F6 at the beginning of the XP install and follow the prompts with the floppy inserted.

Back