• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slow speeds on a NF7-M?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmxers21

Registered
Hi I just got a NF7-M for a friend and some twin XMS 3200 LLPT sticks. When I checked the memory bandwidth using Sandra 2003 it was like really low to me 1450/1380.. my stick of 512 2700 LLPT gets 4000+ with my P4PE.. I have all the mem setting to auto in the BIOS.. what should I have the settings at?
the CPU is a AMD Duron 1200. it says its running at DDR 200 and Dual DDR mode at POST. let me know thanks. I'm using XP pro too.

Its because he is using an AMD mobo, they have a low fsb in comparison to P4s, which in turn means the bandwidth from the ram to the CPU is a lot lower. The ram will also be running a-syncrounously, which usually reduces bandwidth on amd boards, if you set the fsb/dram divider to "1" i.e 3/3 or 4/4 then that will mean it is running in sync and should improve bandwidth matters. to get more bandwidth from there - just increase the fsb.

ooh I see thanks I never worked with AMD boards before. If I knew that before I would have got like 2700 ram or 2100 and saved him some money... :rolleyes:

Back