• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet Case Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

da_guy2

Registered
Anyone got any recomendations for a good quiet case fan and cpu heatsinc & fan?

I wanna leave it on while i sleep and that can be a problem with something that sounds like a jet engin.

David

As much as i dislike Thermaltake, their SmartFan 2's are probably the best case fans. They come with rheostats and temp probes and a 3pin to 4pin adapter. You can slow them down to keep them quiet all the time, then turn them up if you need extra cooling. I have 5 of them in my case and they're at a low hum when they're turned down. I can crank them up to ~75cfm full blast and they're loud as hell.

For a quiet hsf for your cpu, it's hard to beat the Zalman CNPS 7000 (ALCu or Cu). The Cu (all copper) is a little less than twice the weight of the ALCu (aluminum and copper), 445g vs 775g. Can't hear mine at all.

-Bobby

Bobby pretty much hit it dead on, but another heatsink option, that prolly won't be quite as quiet, but will allow you to have better cooling when you need it, or quiet when you need it is a SLK 800 paired with another TTSF2.

Someone did a comparison on the stealth and smart fan2's. At the same db's, the smart fan2 pushes more air. Plus the fact that you can turn them up for more air flow when needed, makes them a better choice and value.

-Bobby

Thanks I guess i'll go with the TTSF2 ... as for Heat sink in fan... I'll keep looking, the Vantec AeroFlow seem prity good from the overclockers.com review... or is that just miss leading?

actually the sf2 is an excellent hsf since it pushes alot of air, and speed can be throttled down while you sleep:D

Back