• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtc4u

Im thinking i need to tidy up all my wires but have no idea how best to do it. Any ideas.

What a mess>>>
airflow.jpg

sleeving, zip ties, some shoving into corners, those plastic tubes whose name i can't think of right now:D tons of stuff, check out svc's wire management section.

Flexo PET Flexo PET Flexo PET .............:D:D:D sorry, overboard there, but at least you get the point.:)

idea- Is it possible to cut and trim the wires to an almost exact length? Just the wires from the PSU and the wires for the switches. Or would that cause problems? THen of course some type of tubing for cosmetic reasons.

I have a clear case, I will post pics once I get my mobo in and I set it all up. I have awsome wire setup. Used wire wrap with heatshrink. Took a lot of time and effort, but definatly cleaned up my case and I got 100% better airflow.

Ideally, you'll want to remove the motherboard and try to route as many cables as possible underneath the mobo (and make sure no cables are exposed to prevent a nasty mobo shorting accident).

And are those tweezers on top of the 5 1/2" Drive bays? Heh.

Ffats said:
And are those tweezers on top of the 5 1/2" Drive bays? Heh.

LOL, just noticed those now that you mention it.... I recommended hiding the cables, but his reply was its a clear case... i think he want the cables themselves to look good. If they were under th mobo, they could still be seen on the other side.

yup. Those are tweezers. I just finished the wire mod for a mutliplier of 15 when i took that pic. Talk about a PITA. Specially getting those HS fans on. Gotta love duallies. And since it is a clear case i can't just hide wires under the mobo. Can still see em. :(

Edit- ncballer i'd like to see it when your done.

Back