• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump reverse flow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NO LIFE

I am unhappy with my current water set-up. I have it going like this: pump> gpu block> cpu block> bay-res> rad> pump. I am using a Eheim 1250 btw.

If i could simply reverse my flow direction I would be in perfect shape. I am asking about this because it would not be possible to re-route my tubes or turn my pump around.

Thanks.

Nope, can't do I'm afraid: your pump only works in one direction, period.

No pic posted so I can't see how you have things mounted but I find it amazing that there is no way to rotate the pump....
Any way you can get a pic online somewhere? We might be able to find a way by looking at it ;)

It would mean a lot more tubing and i dont have much space. Plus it would sorta block the view of my sexy video card. :D

Well, reversing the flow wouldn't even mean squat to your cpu temps. The difference in watertemps between parts would be so neglible that it couldn't even be measured without using like a 0.1C resolution.
You also have a pretty good pump, that will even out the temp fluctuations even better.

Does 0.1 C mean so much, when room temps change maybe 5 C every other day ? :)

Paxmax: you bring up a good point that is usually correct- the temp should average out and be about the same no matter which way you have the flow going.

But I did say "usually." I have set up rigs in different ways quite a few times to try different things out and only rarely was there much of a noticeable difference changing the flow around. When there was a difference it was usually pretty big- 3c to 5c....

I am not sure why a few configurations will have such an impact or exactly what/which components made this happen. Basically I have no real clue what the deal is in those instances. But I always run pump->rad->cpu now ;)

Changing your flow direction will PROBABLY make little or no difference- but it might, and I would think the chance is worth it.

I mean, we all know what a video card looks like, right? :D
(Sorry- sometimes I can't help myself :D)

hmm....when i first did my water cooling setup it went

pump->cpu->gpu->bay res-> radiator....So it seemed to me the radiator wasnt getting enough flow through it....even thought the pump was pulling water through the radiator.

anyways as reported by mbm5 the ambient was 27c, idle was 32c, and load was 44c

since i switched to
pump->cpu->gpu->rad->bay res my temps yesterday were ambient 28c idle 32c load 41c.

It really seems like the change helped....these temps are just being measured by mbm5 and i let prime95 and 3dmark 03 loop all night and when i woke up i checked the temps.

Since you cant reroute your tubes then i guess this isnt possible :(

Back