• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting errors in Prime95...need help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fast420A

Okay I have tried a few different settings trying to get the highest OC out of my 1700 B on the 8RDA+ with 2 Elixer 256MB PC2100 running Win98 with the memory running SPD settings. I have had this config up to 177 x 12 with 1.9V and it was running fine but I got Prime errors after 30 minutes or so. I took it down to 166 still got errors. Now at stock speeds and voltages I am getting Prime95 errors. My temps are between 32 - 39C under load with system temps at 31-32C no matter what speed I am at. Do I have bad ram or is it something else? Any help will be great, thanks. :)

Hmmmm. Even at stock you get errors? I have never seen that before. Have you tried a lower multiplier? Also try taking one stick out at a time and testing again.

hum,,, were you getting error's before you overclocked the hell out of that ram???

try what that guy said about, putting a chip in by itself and see if your getting errors on both or only one,,,,

I didn't clock the hell out of the ram, I kept it at SPD so it was running under 140Mhz according to the bios. I am running with 1 stick at 10x100 right now with no errors so far.

Okay so I have run both sticks at stock voltages and speeds and both ran for more than 30 minutes in Prime. I stuck them both back in but in different slots and I am running Prime again. We'll see what happens.

Back