• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What mem slots for nf7-s?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
2 and 3 will also work for Dual Channel.

1 + 2 will not.
1 + 3 will.
2 + 3 will.

As long as one stick is on each side of the space between the three slots somewhere, it'll run in DC.

And yes...the manual is quite unclear on this point. There's actually a number of things in that manual I wish they'd expanded upon, instead of wasting the usual 3 pages on how to install a CPU... (if you're installing a board, I *think* it's a safe bet you can manage to install a CPU.... :rolleyes: )

There's only one line in the manual I can find that mentions where to put the ram for PC3200...and it doesn't mention DC explicitly, just "When install two PC3200 DDR SDRAM modules, we sugest (sic) you install the two DDRSDRAM modules in DIMM3 and DIMM2 sockets."

So you're kinda left to guess why.... :rolleyes:

I'm only using one stick, but if it's placed in DIMM3 it won't get anymore than 180MHz CAS2 or 194MHz CAS2.5. In DIMM1 or 2 it get's 200MHz CAS2 and >220MHz CAS2.5 :p

I am just trying to understand one thing. On the NF7-S am I better off running 2 sticks or just one. I have 2 sticks of xms3200 cas2 512mb each. On my old board I could overclock higher with only one stick in. I really want my full 1gig of ram but dont want to loose my fsb. What do you recommend?

Second.....is xms3200 ok to use....do you think I should upgrade to something even higher like 3500 or something? Don't really have the money, but I just want the max fsb.

Back