• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

y da **** did my temps go up so ****in sudennly???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssgohan434

Silicon Valley---> moved to Washington State
i was just about to exit my room when i noticed that the computer turned off (the cold cathode and the little humm of fans). I was in awe becuz i didnt tell it to shutoff. Then maybe i thought i did but dont remember. So i turn it back on (for SETI) and i get beeps like cray. I turn it off again. wait 20 secs. Turn it on and go straight to bios. my temps are 51 cpu and 35 mobo, WTF!!! its supposed to be around 38c cpu like now and 27 mobo. This means that it was around 60c when the motherboard turned the computer off on its own. Does anyone know what or who made this happen? (BTW all temps are under load with SETI)

I agree with sangapski, if its something really sudden like that, sounds like a fan failure

Jon

quote:

well if he is usually at 38 like he said, and it hit 60 for the safety shutdown, his temps did go up by 22

true....but I also have a Swiftech Mx4000.....he has stock. His should go up more then mine.

i couldnt check to see if the fan stopped working becuz remember, earlier i said the comp just turned off on its own. next when i turned it on and went into BIOS the temps started climbing down on its own. So maybe the fan lost power or something and a reboot fixed it.

Also WhiteHawk and dont think dust happens so rappidly (within a minute)

Maybe it wasn't the actual temps that went up, but the temp reporting that had a 'glitch'. Stranger things have happened.

Back