• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k7a+ and bios flashing...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lubetek

hey all. i put together a comp using this mobo. i put a 2000+ xp in her and it boots and runs at the proper speed (1.66) but it reads during the post that the CPU is unknown. i started having all kinds of problems like the pc just shutting down, things just not working properly, so i went to Epox and down loaded the only BIOS they have posted for this mobo at their site...its a beta bios thats not supported, also at their site it reads that the 8k7a+ supports up to the 2200+. well i Flashed with no problems, i know it worked cuz i have a couple new options in the BIOS that the new BIOS was supposed to add in. all my problems so far are gone....comp seems very stable, but it still posts reading that the CPU is unknown. sandra also states the same thing. does anyone know anything about this? or does anyone know of any unofficial BIOS updates or any BIOS's that are for other epox boards but will work with this one that i could try? any help would be great! thanks.

specs of this comp are as follows:
Epox 8K7A+
2000+XP
512mb PC2100
winXP pro

did you read my post at all? i already flashed it. i know how to flash. read my post again and answere if you want....

"beta or not its don't the same" wtf does that mean? lmao....i have no clue what you meant by what you typed.

I have a similar setup... (see sig)... I also show unknown cpu type... doesn't have any other probs though... did notice that i couldn't use the "fast" setting on the memory cuz of the crap i used... might wanna verify that on urs....

just a thought....

Back