• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

200FSB stable in SIS/Burn-in but not 3DMARK2K3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoobCooler

Hey, im having problems with my A7N8X-Deluxe and my 2700+.
I cant play any games when my FSB is at 200, but SiS-Burnin works fine.

I have locked my AGP to 66.
Im using 11x200.

CPU temp idle 55c
CPU temp after 3 hours Burn-in 61c

Anyone knows what may be the problem?

This is my first OC in years, so any help would be nice :D

EDIT: Ups, forgot to tell that it is watercooled. Both the CPU and NB.

Last edited:
i dont kknow if this helps.. but when i run my board on high FSB i noticed that the SB is kinda hot so i attached a passive sink on the SB.. ppl say it helps with stability and sound. I've noticed that my sound is a bit more clear wiht the heatsink on.

another thing i would look into is that temp.. 55C seems kinda high.. i wouldnt allow my comp to idle 55C.. right now im using a air cooling wiht slk-800 and mine rarely hits over 40 idle and its like 90F in ny atm.

Si Sandra does not put a real big load on your system...not compaired to like 3d marks or games...what rev. do you have?

1.04 with the latest bios.
Well the 2700+ XP can stand the heat up to 85c. So 55c isnt that much.

NoobCooler said:
1.04 with the latest bios.
Well the 2700+ XP can stand the heat up to 85c. So 55c isnt that much.

sorry, not true. that 85c is the absolute limit for on die tempreature, not in-socket.

concider that your temps could be off by -/+10c, and that on-die temps are typically 10-15c higer than in socket, then you can see that you cousld easily be hitting, or passing 85c on die.

you need better cooling on that chip.

They should of noted in this thread...since they started 2 of them...that there issue was solved...it is a VDD issue...and yes they were already linked to the VDD thread...

i say put the agp frequency back to auto, i had a similar problem, and switched it back to auto, i think the deluxe takes care of it, i've also heard the 1.04 has a problem w/ stability at 200fsb, something that was (supposed to be) fixed w/ the 2.0 w/ bios 1005, also, what's your vcore at? what kind of power supply do you have?

max multiplier on the 2700 that i got is 14x, so you (theoretically) should be able to hit the 14x200, if you have enough power, which means you might need a volt mod(something i don't wanna do)

This could either be an inadequate power supply or just need more vcore

but again, try putting agp frequency back to auto and turn agp fast write to disabled

I was having problems with 3D apps crashing at high FSBs. Computer was Prime95 stable but certain games would crash. Upping the AGP voltage by .1V in the BIOS solved the problem.
Also, as glock19owner stated, sandra is not the best benchmark to load your system. My computer will run the sandra burn in wizard at 2550MHz but can't run Prime95 for even 10 seconds at that speed.

YviE said:
I think Sandra isn't the best benchmark to test system performance either.
Ditto, i use it mostly for information purposes and maybe memory benchmark, which in it self is pretty usless as well :p

Back