• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slk-900a???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zoilo

Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Thermalright actually made an A version of the SLK-900??? :eek: :eek: :eek: I wonder who'd buy that? I'd be worried too much about my socket with that thing hanging on it!

505(slk-800a) vs 527(slk-900a) grams that extra 22 grams dont mean much really.. the only thing that would really make a difference is if you start using like 92*92*38 mm fan.. then i can see the weight pile up

but a 900 vs 800 with the same fan wont really make that big of a difference =d they're both darn heavy heatsinks =d

I agree that the performance difference would probably be within a couple of degrees, but I was just surprised to see Thermalright release an A version. I guess they're trying to take advantage of the no-socket-mounting-holes market. :D

Also, I guess the weight difference is negligible, but it can make a difference in a given situation. Does anyone know if the SLK-900 is wider than the SLK-800? I know it's longer in order to accomodate 92mm fans, but is it wider?

From thermalright.com; SLK-900a:
L96 x W59 x H44 (mm) - Top, without fan
L34 x W59 - Base

SLK-800a:

L87 x W56.4 x H48 (mm) - Top, without fan
L57.5 x W56.4 x H48 (mm) - Bottom
L25 x W56.4 - Base

2-3mm wider, nothing else. The only thing that would help is surface area, but the difference is minimal here too, so not that large of a difference in cooling capacity.

Back