• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK i cant stand it anymore ( here is my super resevior)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thorilan

OK here is the resivior i have been making for my Lian LI pc75b system
its about 30cm tall without the tubes to connect it ( not shown yet) and 10cm*2

the middle tube does not contain water because a 12 inch UV cathode is inserted there
NOTE YES im aware that it adds a little heat to the resevoir but this system is built for asthetics as much as performance or i would have gone with an uber pentium

i tested it for leaks and so far none.
its made from 8cm acrylic tupe 10cm*2 X1cm uv reactive acrylic side plates and a 25mm wide strip of UV acrylic deviding the res in half so that the in and out tubes (also 1/2 inch or 13mm acrylic tubes) have maximum disance between them as hot water will enter at the top through 1 tube that is short and go out on the other side through a long tube that almost reaches the bottom where the water is cooler.

the lian li case Mobo tray is 36cm wide and i have a NF7-S rev2.0 board which i think is about 26 cm wide so when i mount it there will be 10cm (width of flat plates) of space to mount the res flush with the Mobo tray and secure it.
i would have mad it 34cm tall to match the top edge of the mobo tray but i need the extra distance for the tubes to curve ( clearflex60 thick wall version ) since my radiator is mounted to he roof of the case above the mobo and between the 5.25bays and psu . ou will also notice a 3rd hole for filling the res with up top. i havent decided how i wil plug it but ill probly use a colored peice of uv reactive acrylic as a sorta cork stopper

also i only added 3 drops of dtek UV red water dye for fun
so have a look see at the pics

20037298205670045138885.jpg

20037294255316466161173.jpg

20037281207474325437632.jpg

Last edited:
later ( as in a couple of days) ill put the tubes in and take more pics and cleen them up so that people can see it betterand see what im talking about with flow direction and heigth and water pressure aided by design

definately not lol.

i dont have the time and the materials i have to buy retail costing a lot more than average
for instance that outer 8cm tube cost 3500yen or roughly $30
the top and bottom uv peices where 700yen each the other tubes total 2000 yen and the flat peices of uv inside the res i cant even remember.

if i had a bigger house with a workshop to store tools THEN i could buy bulk and it would be possible but as it is right now im over crouded due to having another child 19 months ago .

the patent is just for future use if i do somehow go comercial or win the lottery
:)

i do have spare parts to make 1 more that is a shorter version (about 21.8cm tall not counting tubes sticking out to attach the hoses)

I'm not into water cooling yet and I have to give you koodoes. That reservoir looks awesome. It reminds me of some weird alien generator you would see in a bad B movie.

MAn you stole my idea, lol no seriuosly i was thinking of doing just that same thing with the cold cathode down the middle of the resiovor, but it looks like you beat me to it, the way i do things it would have taken me over a year to finally get around to it. nice job( idea stealer)

That does look rather nice, good job:D

Just curious, does it fit perfectly into some part of the case or does it just kinda stand up like that?

If not I think that it would be even cooler if its was cooling and had more function or at least was more uniqe than just a round res.
Don't get me wrong though it is stelar:D

Just curious, does it fit perfectly into some part of the case or does it just kinda stand up like that?
yes the motherboard tray is 10cm larger than the motherboardso this sits flush against the back . thats why the top and bottom plates are square

thats really cool man. if its close to a liter, is it a quart maybe?

you gotta get some UV dye. I wouldnt add too much though. it might make a ugly green blob.

Jon

looks great! What did you use to seal the parts together? I need to find where i can get some acrylic to play around with. :)

thats really cool man. if its close to a liter, is it a quart maybe?

you gotta get some UV dye. I wouldnt add too much though. it might make a ugly green blob.
there is 3 drops of fire red UV dye from dtek in it . its 1 liter based in the 1 liter measurements ( they dont use quarts here in japan ) plus a little more but the extra will be taken up by the mass of the acrylic tubes that will be inserted in it making it almost exactly 1 liter

looks great! What did you use to seal the parts together?
i live in japan so i dont know the american equivilent of what the glue is but here its called x12 i think ( i asked sales person which one would dry clear and he gave me the appropriet one )

note if you work with acrylic i recomend that you tape up your work so that none ofthe acrylic is exposed when doing cutting ect ect because you dont want to scratch up or chip the surface

Back