• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

innovatek tank-o-matic MISTAKE(?)...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poMONKey

i bought an innovatek tank o matic recently and realized it has 1/4" ID tubes on the inside of the res, one long for intake, one short for output... i (will) have a 1/2" system and i KNOW that this will cramp my flow rate too much.

what if i took out the tubes and just let the water flow throught the 3/8" ID tube inserts in the bottom of the res... i just dont believe the warm water is on the top and the cool water is on the bottom... come on, there is no way it has time to seperate... so who cares about the inside tubes, right? :-/

BTW: i am not bent on using this @ all...

tia

for a res that small you are correct it dont have much time to seperate and the most inportant part is the draw from your pump needs to be the least restrictive part of your entire system ( this is where many systems take a HUGE hit in performance and many uber systems have 3/4 inch feed from res to pump intake)

as long as it dont leakbut keep in mind the tubes may help with bubbles though and there issomething called the tornado effect for flow inside your res so if the water flowing in starts to spin you need to stop it because the force will cause the pump to work harder to draw against the force

hope i didnt confuse you.

Back