• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem going over 200Mhz on NF7-S and Barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kfc

No matter what I seem to do, upping the fsb lowering the multiplier, lowering the fsb raising the multiplier I am not able to go above 400mhz DDR in dual channel.

I have tried some insanely low timings for my ram, putting them on the slowest timings possible and raising the voltage a bit, with no luck.

for voltage I have tried...
cpu = 1.7v
ddr = 2.8v "currently at 2.7 for DDR400"
chipset = 1.6v
agp = 1.5v

I guess I could disable dual channel, but I'd like to keep dual channel if at all possible.

I'm at 11x200 now @ 2.2ghz, But I'd at least like to obtain 2.3-2.4Ghz if at all possible by raising the fsb.

If anyone could help that would be great!

BTW im still on the rev 14 of the bios if that matters, none of the improvements for the two newer bios really matter to me.

TNX!

OH btw!!! I have tried using Corsair XMS 3200LL as well as 3200 buffalo ram with no luck. Im currently using two sticks of 512mb buffalow ch-5 3200 ram.

Back