• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got my new 8RDA+ running...(initial overclocking results)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brennan77

I got my new board from Newegg a week ago. I installed everything, double checked my connections and powered up. I was greeted with a loud "pop" and bright spark from my power supply complete with smoke. Well I've got my new ps installed and I took the extra time to unlock my 1800+. This turned out to be the best move I've made in a while.

I'm now running at 200x8.5=1700. The CPU seems to just not want to overclock much, but I'm very excited about my new FSB capabilities as compared to my old board which limited at 147. This is with Samsung PC2700(DTM) set at 7 3 3 2.5 I haven't tried any higher than 200 yet so we'll see just how far I can go.

I have a question though. I understand this board has dual channel capabilities for the RAM. I have two 256mb sticks installed. Is this automatically configured I do I need to do something special to get going here?

I believe for dual channel to be in effect you have to put your modules in slot 1 and 3 this will activate the ddr controller. I am not certain of this on your board, but i beleive it is pretty much the same on most ddr boards.

Also if you fill all three dimm slots this will nullify the ddr or dual channel effect.

Hopes this helps a little.

IF your board is an Asus check the bios version ive had my a7n8x dlx running in bios version 1003 and just updated to version 1005 and finally am in dual mode ....with mem in slots 1 and 3;)

I checked the manual. As long as one is in slot one, the other one can be either in 2 or 3. I made the switch and upon boot, a message let me know that dual channel was enabled. :)

Well I'm up to 212x8.0

The RAM is at 7 3 3 2.5.

I think this is a pretty decent overclock. Now I just need one of those 1700+'s.

Back