• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with no-post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawker-rider

Hey guys,

I need some help here!! I bought some new RAM and got up an started my oc-experience again.
Went very good, got up to 198x9.5 ( 1881) and being very stable. My CPU isn't very overclockable, so I wanted to try a higher multiplier to see if it could handle it.

Ok, set 10x180 and saved it..... the computer "reset itself" but wouldn't boot after that. I reset the Cmos and left it all unplugged for an afternoon, but it won't boot.

The led's come on (PWR +HDD) and the CD+dvd light up monentarily, it just doesn't get to the post-bleep and further.

Did I just fry my processor? the temps didn't get all that high, and I've been able to run 10x multi before without prob.

Thanks for ANY help

PS. the floppy doesn't seem to momentarily work either, iewhen I insert a floppy and turn the pc on nothing happends either, it powers up, but it doesn't post.

Last edited:
I would try a different processor, see if that helps , you MAY have fried you board. The only way to tell is to switch all the other parts until you have eliminated all other possibilities.

I have another processor coming in, just ordered one. BUT if the processor is at fault, shouldn't it still start to post and then bleep, or give a fault error of some kind? I have no mods on my mobo,besides adding a little fan to my nothbridge(unintrusive) and my videocard, I unlocked my cpu, it's a 2100 pally, so wouldn't be any love lost to upgrade that one. Just didn't have this happen before.

Thanks though!

I did some searches and a lot of other people have this problem with this particular board. So I decided to RMA it back to the vendor, as they will send me a replacement. I didn't do anything weird to the board and it should be able to handle 200Fsb, as advertised, so i didn't jump out of line with changing the BIOS.

I'm building my boss a new system, so i checked my processor and it works fine on his board but it did give me a chance to get one of those 1700+'s see what I can get them to do.

I'll keep you updated

ok, I have an update.

got my new A7N8X-dlx in today and hung it in my case asap. My system works like a charm again, i didn't want to push it too far right away, so I have ery moderate timings now.

So it did end up being my motherboards BIOS that gave it's last breath.

Oh and by the way, i also did get an XP 1700 in, but it ended up being thoroughbredA core with AIRGA stepping, I didn't hear a lot of good o/c's with this stepping so I'll stick with my Xp2100 for now, even though it's a pally.

a little whle back i enountered a dead mobo...but it still gave the error beep code thing...didnt post of cource thou

GL with your system :D

Back